Cyprus, as an established international economic center, creates the necessity to offer protection to the Intellectual Property Rights (“IP”) of all natural and legal entities operating in or through Cyprus.
Since 1st January 2012 the IP protection regime provides attractive opportunities for structuring the exploitation of IP assets through Cyprus, in particular through the use of Cyprus resident IP owners, benefiting from the Country’s extensive network of double tax treaties under which foreign withholding taxes on royalty income are either eliminated or substantially reduced.
Cyprus, as a full member of the European Union is member to the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market for the registration and protection of Trade Marks and Industrial Designs within the area of European Union.
The services offered by our firm include the following:
- Protection of Trademarks in Cyprus
- Protection of Patents in Cyprus
- Protection of Copyrights
- Protection of Industrial Designs
- Registration and renewals of Trademarks, Patents and Industrial design
- Trademarks oppositions, cancellations and counterfeiting option.